On the August 2, 2019 episode of /Film Daily, /Film editor-in-chief Peter Sciretta is joined by /Film weekend editor Brad Oman, senior writer Ben Pearson, and writers Hoai-Tran Bui and Chris Evangelista to have a spoiler discussion about the latest Quentin Tarantino film, Once Upon a Time in… Hollywood.
Opening Banter: News is still slow and we wanted to have this spoiler discussion.
Our Feature Presentation: A spoiler discussion of Once Upon a Time in Hollywood.
- Overall and opening thoughts.
- Leonardo DiCaprio as Rick Dalton.
- Brad Pitt and Cliff Booth.
- Margot Robbie as Sharon Tate.
- Hollywood 1969: how does it feel to be here?
- Not much happens in this movie until the ending…is that a problem?
- The FBI episode, the Great Escape fantasy, and other movies/shows in the movie.
- The soundtrack.
- The supporting cast: Kurt Russell, Emile Hirsch, etc.
- The Bruce Lee Scene
- That strange scene where Cliff maaaaaybe kills his wife.
- The scene with the child actor.
- The long scene where we watch Rick Dalton film the cowboy show.
- Charles Manson and the family.
- The Spahn Ranch sequence.
- That final 30 minutes.
- The significance of the final shot.
Other Articles Mentioned:
- ‘Once Upon a Time in Hollywood’ Spoiler Review: Quentin Tarantino’s Funny, Melancholy Masterwork
All the other stuff you need to know:
- You can find more about all the stories we mentioned on today’s show at slashfilm.com, and linked inside the show notes.
- /Film Daily is published every weekday, bringing you the most exciting news from the world of movies and television as well as deeper dives into the great features from slashfilm.com.
- You can subscribe to /Film Daily on iTunes, Google Podcasts, Overcast, Spotify and all the popular podcast apps (RSS).
- Send your feedback, questions, comments and concerns to us at [email protected] Please leave your name and general geographic location in case we mention the e-mail on the air.
- Please rate and review the podcast on iTunes, tell your friends and spread the word!
- Thanks to Sam Hume for our logo.
The post Spoiler Discussion: Quentin Tarantino’s Once Upon a Time In Hollywood appeared first on /Film.