On the August 14 episode of /Film Daily, /Film editor-in-chief Peter Sciretta is joined by senior writer Ben Pearson, and writer Chris Evangelista to discuss the latest film and TV news, including Marvel television, Paddington 2, Searching 2, Star Wars, Snake Eyes, CBS/Viacom, and Angry Birds 2.
In the News:
- Ben: Marvel TV is Developing Separate Disney+ Series From Marvel Studios, Jeph Loeb Says
- Peter: ‘Star Wars Resistance’ Season 2 Trailer: The Final Season Brings Kylo Ren on Board
- Chris: ‘Paddington 2’ is Hugh Grant’s Best Movie, According to Hugh Grant
- Ben: ‘Searching 2’ in the Works at Sony’s Stage 6 Films, Original Creative Team is Returning
- Chris: ‘G.I. Joe’ Spin-off Movie ‘Snake Eyes’ Might Star Henry Golding
- Ben: CBS and Viacom Merge, Reuniting After More Than a Decade Apart
- Ben: What the Viacom/CBS Merger Means for ‘Star Trek’, ‘Mission: Impossible’
- Chris: ‘Angry Birds 2’ is the Highest-Rated Video Game Movie Ever on Rotten Tomatoes, Which Isn’t Saying Much
All the other stuff you need to know:
- You can find more about all the stories we mentioned on today’s show at slashfilm.com, and linked inside the show notes.
- /Film Daily is published every weekday, bringing you the most exciting news from the world of movies and television as well as deeper dives into the great features from slashfilm.com.
- You can subscribe to /Film Daily on iTunes, Google Podcasts, Overcast, Spotify and all the popular podcast apps (RSS).
- Send your feedback, questions, comments and concerns to us at [email protected] Please leave your name and general geographic location in case we mention the e-mail on the air.
- Please rate and review the podcast on iTunes, tell your friends and spread the word!
- Thanks to Sam Hume for our logo.
The post Daily Podcast: Star Wars, Marvel TV, Searching 2, Star Wars, Snake Eyes, CBS/Viacom Merger & Angry Birds 2 appeared first on /Film.