With no new release in sight, Dave, Devindra, and Jeff explore their “blindspots” – classic movies they somehow missed. Dan Trachtenberg, director of the movie 10 Cloverfield Lane and friend of the show, returns to do an epic review of Lost Boys, the 1987 comedy horror. Read about the true story of The Lost Boys’ sax man here. Thanks to our sponsors this week: Manscaped, Pretty Litter, BetterHelp.
- Visit manscaped.com and use the promo code FILMCAST for 20% off and free shipping!
- Go to prettylitter.com and use code FILMCAST for 20% off your first order!
- Get 10% off your first month, go to betterhelp.com/FILMCAST
Listen and subscribe to David’s newest podcast Culturally Relevant and subscribe to his YouTube channel. Check out Jeff Cannata’s D&D show Dungeon Run. Listen to Devindra’s podcast with Engadget on all things tech.
You can always e-mail us at slashfilmcast(AT)gmail(DOT)com, or call and leave a voicemail at 781-583-1993. Also, follow us on Twitter or like us on Facebook.
Shownotes (All timestamps are approximate only)
What we’ve been watching (~29:00)
- David – Rambo: Last Blood, Jerry Seinfeld: 23 Hours To Kill
- Jeff – Jeff Seinfeld: 23 Hours To Kill
Feature (~54:00) Lost Boys
Spoilers (~1:36:30) Credits:
- Our music sometimes comes from the work of Adam Warrock. You can download our theme song here. Our Slashfilmcourt music comes from SMHMUSIC.com. Our spoiler bumper comes from filmmaker Kyle Hillinger. This episode was edited by Beidi Z.
- If you’d like advertise with us or sponsor us, please e-mail [email protected]
- Contact us at our voicemail number: 781-583-1993
- You can donate and support the /Filmcast by going to slashfilm.com, clicking on the /Filmcast tab, and clicking on the sidebar “Donate” links! Thanks to all our donors this week!
The post /Filmcast Ep. 567 – The Lost Boys (GUEST: Dan Trachtenberg) appeared first on /Film.