Choosing the best Android phone for you is a big decision. The Android universe teems with options, from super-expensive flagship phones, to affordable models that make a few calculated compromises, to models expressly designed for, say, great photography.
Chances are that whichever phone you buy, you’ll keep it for at least two years. So we’ve made picks for the best Android phone in categories spanning a variety of needs. Check out our summary list below, or keep reading for the details on each one.
The Best Android phones
Here are our top picks for:
- Best overall: Samsung Galaxy S9 [samsung.com]
- Best overall (runner-up): Huawei Mate 10 Pro [amazon.com]
- Best phone for photographers: Google Pixel 2 XL [google.com]
- Best phablet (over 6 inches): Samsung Galaxy S9+ [samsung.com]
- Best phablet (if money is no object): Samsung Galaxy Note 9 [samsung.com]
- Best budget phone: Moto G5 Plus [amazon.com]
- Best budget phone (another option): Nokia 6.1 [amazon.com]
- Best bang for the buck: OnePlus 6 [oneplus.net]
At the bottom of this article, we also list all our recent Android phone reviews—in case you have your eye on a model that didn’t make our cut.
To read this article in full, please click here